DSPlogic Nominated for Maryland ICOY Award
COLUMBIA, Md. (April 24, 2013) – The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO), Lonza Group LTD, McGladrey LLP, Millennial Media, Saul Ewing LLP, the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development (DBED) and the BioMaryland Center announced today 23 finalists for the 13th Annual Maryland Incubator Company of the Year Awards. The awards recognize the achievements of current and graduate companies within Maryland’s incubators. Winners will be announced at a ceremony at 6:00 p.m. at the American Visionary Arts Museum in Baltimore on June 13, 2013.
“Maryland’s network of incubators continues to provide entrepreneurs with the resources they need to succeed,” said Rob Rosenbaum, president and executive director of TEDCO. “The Incubator Company of the Year Awards is an opportunity to celebrate the strength of that network and the emerging businesses and technologies that it supports. TEDCO congratulates this year’s outstanding group of finalists.”
The finalists and incubators are as follows:
- DSPlogic, Inc. (GIC) – www.dsplogic.com
- ADASHI Systems (ETC) – www.adashisystems.com
- Biologics Resources LLC (GIC) – www.biologicsresources.com
- Blue Wave Semiconductors, Inc. (UMBC) – www.bluewavesemi.com
- Boss Medical LLC (ETC) – www.boss-medical.com
- Clear Guide Medical (JHU) – www.clearguidemedical.com
- Creatv MicroTech, Inc. (SGIC) – www.creatvmicrotech.com
- Curiosityville (ETC) – www.curiosityville.com
- GCC Technologies LLC (GIEC) – www.gcctechllc.com
- KoolSpan (UMBC) – www.koolspan.com
- Light Point Security (UMBC) – http://lightpointsecurity.com
- Maryland Energy and Sensor Technologies LLC (MTECH) – www.energysensortech.com
- Mosaic Power (FITC, MCE) – www.mosaicpower.com
- Plasmonix, Inc. (UMBC) – www.plasmonixinc.com
- Rehabtics (ETC) – www.rehabtics.com
- Riskive (Betamore) – www.riskive.com
- Foodem.com / RKA Enterprises LLC (ETC) – www.foodem.com
- Savenia Labs (BGBI) – www.savenialabs.com
- Social Growth Technologies, Inc. (MCE) – www.socialgrowthtechnologies.com
- SOL VISTA (SSIC) – www.solvista.com
- Unbound Concepts, Inc. (MCE) – http://unboundconcepts.com
- Vasoptic Medical, Inc. (MCE) – www.vasopticmedical.com
- Vertical Wind Ventures LLC (BBIC) – www.verticalwindventures.com
“As a founding partner of The Incubator Company of the Year Awards, McGladrey is thrilled to congratulate a group of finalists that truly demonstrates the breadth of entrepreneurial talent in Maryland,” said Brian Merritt, partner at McGladrey LLP. “Incubators allow these emerging companies to thrive, and we are proud to recognize the successes of these businesses with our annual awards program.”
“Incubators grow Maryland’s economy and support innovation,” said Phil Bogart, an attorney at Saul Ewing LLP. “Saul Ewing applauds The Incubator Company of the Year Award finalists, who are developing some incredible technologies. We look forward to watching these companies grow.”
Application finalists and category winners are chosen by a group of regional industry leaders and early-stage investors. The selection committee this year includes Henry Ahn, TEDCO; Jacque L. Allen, Saul Ewing LLP; Meg Anderson, Oracle Capital Strategies; Gianna J. Arnold, Saul Ewing LLP; Donna R. Balinkie, Firedrive Marketing Group, LLC; Philip Morris Bogart, Saul Ewing LLP; Chris Brandenberg, Millennial Media, Inc.; Mary F. Brightman, Saul Ewing LLP; Rebecca Carland, Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Brian Castleberry, Maryland DBED; Joey Tsu-Yi Chen, Saul Ewing LLP; Jonathan Cohen, Saul Ewing LLP; Chris College, TEDCO; Martha J. Connolly, Maryland Industrial Partnerships; Charles P. Cullen, Grotech Ventures; Brian Darmody, University of Maryland, College Park; Ronald C. Diegelman, Red Bridge Associates, LLC; Randy Domolky, TEDCO; Robb Doub, New Markets Venture Partners; E.J. Edelman, McGladrey; Donald W. Fallon; Yair Flicker, SmartLogic Solutions; John Fortin Lonza America Inc.; David J. Freschman, Innovation Capital Advisors; Yali Friedman; Umar Hadeed; Rosel Halle; Kathryn L. Hickey, Saul Ewing LLP; Jack P. Hollerbach, Hollerbach & Associates LLC; Konstantina M. Katcheves, Lonza America Inc.; Don Mallon, Emergent BioSolutions; Lenard Marcus, Edison Venture Fund; Scott McCadden, McGladrey LLP; Robbie Melton, TEDCO; Brian S. Meritt, McGladrey LLP; Eric Nass, Chesapeake Corporate Advisors; Eric G. Orlinsky, Saul Ewing LLP; Heather Pruger, Saul Ewing LLP; Anthony R. Raley, Silicon Valley Bank; Robert Rosenbaum, TEDCO; Michael L. Salgaller, SAIC; Paul Silber, Blu Venture Investors, LLC; Kyp Sirinakis, Rock Spring Ventures LP; Jae Sly, Strategic BioPharm Consulting, Inc.; Brian H. Taylor, Growing Company Solutions, Inc.; and Patrick Tonui, Maryland DBED.
Incubator Key: Betamore, Baltimore; Bethesda Green Business Incubator (BGBI), Bethesda; Bowie Business Innovation Center (BBIC), Bowie; [email protected] at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), Catonsville; Emerging Technology Center (ETC), Baltimore; FastForward at Johns Hopkins University (JHU), Baltimore; Frederick Innovative Technology Center, Inc. (FITC), Frederick; Garrett Information Enterprise Center (GIEC), McHenry; Germantown Innovation Center (GIC), Germantown; Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship (MCE), Columbia; Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute (MTECH) at University of Maryland, College Park; Rockville Innovation Center (RIC), Rockville; Shady Grove Innovation Center (SGIC), Rockville; and Silver Spring Innovation Center (SSIC), Silver Spring.
Visit http://mdincubatoraward.com for more information.